The Report from Global Workplace Culture Authority Great Place to Work Was Conducted as Part of Its Latest Ranking of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women
Great Place to Work, the global authority on workplace culture, has published a new report on Women in the Workplace, which reveals that the gap in gender fairness at companies in the US is far greater than previously believed.
The findings from Women in the Workplace reveal that:
- The gender gap in workplace experience is 4 times larger at other organizations compared to the Best Workplaces for Women.
- When it comes to fair treatment, men were almost twice as likely to believe people are treated fairly, regardless of gender compared to women.
- At all workplaces, men feel more included at work. With each step up in management, there’s an equal increase in the feeling of inclusion for both women and men.
- Although feeling included at work improves with an increase in managerial ranks, it’s not the same for all women.
- White/Caucasian women have the largest gain in feeling included at work as they move up in ranks.
- Hispanic/Latinx women have the smallest gain in inclusion with more management responsibilities.
- And although Black/African American women see a sizeable gain in inclusion at work, it’s not enough – they feel the least included at work at every level of management.
- When the workplace is better for women, it’s better for business innovation. The best workplaces for women had 50 percent more women ready to innovate compared to the other organizations.
The study was conducted as part of the process to determine this year’s ranking of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, which was compiled by Great Place to Work in partnership with Fortune.
HR Technology News: Paychex Honored For Excellence In Health & Well-being
“These winning companies are thriving because women have an equal seat at every table where critical decisions are made,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “These organizations know that creating a great workplace where everyone can succeed regardless of gender is not just the right thing to do, but a must-do if you want to be the very best of everything in the marketplace.”
The Top 10 companies appearing on the 2019 list of the Best Workplaces for Women are:
2. Ultimate Software
3. Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
4. Cooley LLP
5. Texas Health Resources
6. Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice
9. Navy Federal Credit Union
HR Technology News: PeopleScout Named a Leader On HRO Today’s RPO Baker’s Dozen